Discover a promising opportunity at the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Guwahati (NIPER-G), the pioneer national pharmaceutical institute in Northeast India. NIPER-G, established by the Department of Pharmaceuticals under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India, holds national importance as an autonomous institution. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality education and fostering groundbreaking research in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Currently, we are seeking a talented and driven individual for the role of Junior Research Fellow in our DST-SERB sponsored project, titled “Bioprospecting the North-East Himalayan plants for its Cardioprotective activity through metabolomics approach” (GAP-161). This position offers a monthly fellowship of ₹31,000 along with HRA, where expertise in Pharmaceutical Analysis/Natural Products and experience in bioactivity-guided fractionation and hyphenated analytical methods (LC-MS/MS, LC-QTOF) are highly valued.
To apply, candidates must hold a postgraduate degree (M.S./M.Pharm.) from a recognized university or institute and have cleared GPAT/GATE/CSIR-NET or any National entrance test conducted by a Central Govt. agency. Indian nationals meeting the age limit criteria are encouraged to apply online from 14-10-2023 to 28-10-2023 through our official website (www.niperguwahati.ac.in).
Name of the position
Junior Research Fellow
₹ 31,000/- p.m. + HRA (as applicable)
No. of Position
Name of the Sponsoring Agency/ Project / GAP code
DST-SERB sponsored project entitled “Bioprospecting the North-East Himalayan plants for its Cardioprotective activity through metabolomics approach” (GAP-161)
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must have a postgraduate degree (M.S./M.Pharm.) in Pharmaceutical Analysis/Natural Products from a PCI / AICTE / UGC / NAAC recognized/ accredited University/ Institute with a minimum of 60% marks. The candidate must have cleared GPAT/GATE/CSIR-NET or any National entrance test exam conducted by any Central Govt. agency at the time of the interview/ selection process.
Candidates having an expertise in bioactivity-guided fractionation and isolation of bioactive compounds from plant extracts and sound knowledge of hyphenated analytical methods (LC-MS/MS, LC-QTOF) would be a good match for the position.
Max. Age limit
30 Years (Age relaxation will be provided as per GoI norms)
1. Candidates of Indian Nationality can only apply for these posts.
2. Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (www.niperguwahati.ac.in) from 14-10-2023 to 28-10-2023. It is mandatory to fill the application online and no other form of application will be entertained. Candidates are requested to arrange the softcopies of all the required documents before filling the application.
3. Candidates should read carefully the requisite minimum essential qualifications, age and eligibility, experience criteria etc. laid down in theadvertisement before applying for the above post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the online application form, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
4. Application once submitted cannot be altered / resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particular entered by the candidate in the application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully by Email.
5. Incomplete application or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth/Degrees/ Certificates/ Mark sheets/Experience Certificates/documents, etc.) will be rejected.
6. On the recommendation of the Screening/Selection Committee, the competent authority may relax all or any of the requirements related to age and experience in exceptionally meritorious cases.
7. Fulfillment of qualifications and experience is an essential requirement. As stated, the Institute is free to set the benchmark and call only the eligible candidates for the on-line interview. Further, NIPER Guwahati also reserves the right NOT to fill any of the post advertised, in the event or exigency so decided.
8. Intimations will be sent only by E-mail/host on the website as per the details mentioned in the Application form.
9. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this Advertisement other than English, the English version available on the NIPER-G Website shall prevail.
10.CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF THE CANDIDATE.
11. All appointments shall be on contract of one year or less if the project is terminated earlier. The appointments are against the temporary project positions and will not continue in any circumstances beyond the duration of the said project. Any subsequent contract in the project or another project will be fresh appointment. The appointment in the outside funded project does not give project staff any claim whatsoever for appointment/regularization against any Institute post.
12. Age will be calculated as on the last date of application i.e. 28-10-2023.
13. List of the Shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website.
14. In-case of online interviews only, the link for the online interviews will be sent to the shortlisted candidates individually, a day before the interview.