Established by Parliament of India through the Central Universities Act (2009), Central University of Gujarat (CUG) considers its main objectives to be dissemination and advancement of knowledge creation and sharing. The University is committed to make special provisions for integrated and interdisciplinary courses, to educate and train human resources for the country’s development, to initiate appropriate measures for promoting innovation in teaching and learning and to pay special attention to improve the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, especially pertaining to their intellectual, academic and cultural development. The University was ranked overall 60th in India and 2nd among all the Universities in Gujarat in NIRF 2016 rankings. According to NIRF 2017, the University ranked among the top 150 Universities in the country.
|Name of Post
|No. of Post
|Rs. 29,200 – 92,300/-
Age Limit for Direct Recruits: 32 Years
Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits:
(i) 10+2 plus with Diploma in Pharmacy (2 years duration)
(ii) Registration with State Pharmacy Council.
Period of probation if any: 2 years for direct recruits
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS, ESSENTIAL INFORMATION, AND CLARIFICATIONS:
1. Candidates who have applied earlier for Group-C Post(s) under Employment Notification No. 18/2016-17 dated 19/09/2016 issued by the Central University of Gujarat against the below post(s) (S/N. 10,12,15,16,17 and 18) are required to apply afresh. However, they need not pay the fee(s) again. They need to present the relevant proof of Payment(s) & Application(s).
2. Candidates who have applied earlier for Group A Post(s) under Employment Notification No. CUG/04-2/2019-20 dated 06/07/2019, Employment Notification No. CUG/13-2/2020-21 dated 16/10/2020, for Group B Post(s) CUG/20-2/2019-20 dated 25/01/2020, and for Group A, Group B, and Group C Post(s) under the Employment Notification No. CUG/04-2/2021- 22 dated 30/09/2021 and Employment Notification No. CUG/06-2/2022-23 dated 03/10/2022 mentioned in the vacancy table (Sr. No: 1,2,3,4) need not apply again. However, if they want to update any Education Details, Research Details Experience, etc. they must apply as a fresh, and their fresh application Shall be considered for the purpose of eligibility.
3. The posts of Private Secretary, Personal Assistant, Technical Assistant (Laboratory), Library Assistant, and Lower Division Clerk posts are Re-Advertised posts, and all eligible candidates are applying afresh.
4. Only online applications Shall be accepted. A hard copy of the online application form along with all self-attested testimonials, certificates / educational qualifications, and all supporting documents should reach to “Recruitment Cell, Central University of Gujarat, Sector-29, Gandhinagar – 382030” in closed cover on or before 18/08/2023 up to 05:30 p.m., superscribing as under through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier only, failing which the application Shall be rejected:
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post shall be required TO SUBMIT SEPARATE ONLINE APPLICATIONS ALONG WITH SEPARATE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESSING FEES. Candidates need to send a hard copy of the Printout of Online Application Form along with all self-attested copies of certificates / educational qualifications/experience/testimonials and other requisite documents in support of eligibility must be attached with each application separately in the manner described in the above point No. 4, failing which the application Shall be rejected.
- Incomplete applications in any respect shall not be considered.
- Applicants are advised to submit the documents related to their Change of Name (if applicable) (i.e. Marriage Certificate, Gazette for Name Change, Aadhar Card).
- The Last Date for receipt of Online Application is 11/08/2023 till 5:30 p.m.
- The Experience and Qualification shall be reckoned as the last date of submission of the Online Application.
- Applicants are advised to submit the applications to the University well in advance without waiting for the last date to avoid postal delay or any delay due to other unforeseen events or circumstances. The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay at any stage.
- Applicants must produce original testimonials, certificates / educational qualifications, and other documents at the time of the interview if called.
- The applicants must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions for the post applying for.
- The University shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by candidates at any time, at the time of appointment, or during the tenure of service. In case it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidates have undesirable clandestine antecedents/background and have suppressed the said information, his / her services shall be liable to be terminated.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- The reservations/relaxations policy for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD / EWS Candidates shall be provided as per the existing Govt. of India / UGC policy.
- The reservations/relaxations for ex-servicemen shall be as per the existing Govt. of India rules.
- The employees who were working on a contract basis in Central University of Gujarat till 24/09/2021 may be given one-time age relaxation to the extent the service rendered in the CUG to participate in the regular recruitment process of non-teaching posts for which they fulfill all other conditions mentioned in the Cadre Recruitment Rules of AMENDED ORDINANCE No. 13. Those who have availed age relaxation against any posts, they shall not be given any further age relaxation chance against those posts.
- In case of reserved posts, a relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy Layer) / Differently-abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- Reservations for SC, ST, OBC, EWS, and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities shall be as per existing Government of India norms as amended from time to time. Candidates applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong.
- Candidates seeking reservation under SC / ST category are required to submit a certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure-I).
- Candidates seeking reservation under the OBC category are required to submit a certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training (Annexure- II).
- Candidates applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC, should submit a self-attested copy of a valid caste certificate specifically mentioning Creamy Layer-exclusion in the format prescribed by Govt. of India, issued by the competent authority, vide Column 3 of GOI Dept. of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993 and modified vide DoPT’s O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 9.3.2004, subsequently revised vide O.M. No.36033/3/2004- Estt.(Res) dated 14.10.2008. The Caste Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India vide OM No. 36036/2/2013- Estt (Res.) dated 30/05/2014.
- In case of candidates want to claim benefits under the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) category, the candidates’ relevant disability should not be less than 40%. Proof to this effect must be enclosed with the application as per Annexure – IV-I, IV-II, IV-III (whichever is applicable) without which the application shall be treated as ‘General (unreserved)’
- EWS vacancies are tentative and subject to further directives of GoI and the outcome of any litigation. The appointment is provisional and is subject to the Income and Asset certificate being verified through proper channels if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to EWS is fake/false the services shall be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provision of the Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate. The Income and Asset Certificate (Annexure-III) issued by any one of the authorities mentioned in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-III shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS.
- Candidates seeking reservation under SC / ST / OBC / PwBD / EWS / Ex-Servicemen category are required to submit the certificate in the prescribed format and duly countersigned by the competent authority of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training. Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) candidates shall be considered as OBC only if they submit the required creamy layer certificates in the above-mentioned format. Further, they shall submit the declaration given in the application form.
- The qualifications and other conditions prescribed in the present advertisement are subject to the regulations/norms stipulated by the MOE / UGC / University from time to time.
- The University reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed as decided by duly constituted Screening Committee(s) and approved by the competent authority. Call letters for attending interviews shall be sent only to the short-listed candidates by E-mail only. No correspondence shall be entertained with the applicants who are not short- listed to be called for an interview. 28. Canvassing in any form on behalf of or by any candidate shall disqualify him/her from being considered.
- Candidates already in service must submit a NOC from their employer and forward their applications (hard copy) through the proper channel. In case the applicants are in service and delay is expected in getting the endorsement of the employer concerned on the original application, the applicants may submit an advance copy of the application along with all enclosures directly (with or without the employer’s endorsement on the advance copy). If the original application through the proper channel has not been received by the University by the last date mentioned in this employment notification, the applicant Shall have to submit a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ along with Vigilance Clearance Certificate in a sealed cover from his/her employer to the University at the time of interview.
- Candidates showing experience of Private Organization in their application, need to attach the proof of Organization’s turnover of `. Rs. 200/- crores or more, wherever applicable.
- The candidates should enclose a certificate for typing skills from Government recognized institute only, wherever applicable.
- The candidates selected shall be appointed under a written contract as per UGC / University norms.
- The appointing authority for all regular non-teaching and other academic posts is as per the Amended Ordinance No. 13 of the Central University of Gujarat, which is available on the university website.
- The University shall hold written / skill tests, wherever necessary as per the University Amended Ordinance No. 13, which is available on the university website.
- The candidates selected for the post shall be required to serve at any place/department/centre as notified by the Central University of Gujarat.
- The recruitment to the advertised posts shall be carried out in accordance with the prevalent University / UGC / GOI rules and regulations framed from time to time.
- All the appointees including the in-service candidates shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) introduced by Govt. of India.
- The University reserves the right:
a) To withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.
b) To fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever.
c) To increase/decrease the number of posts after the due procedure as per directions of UGC from time to time.
- The University Shall not be responsible for any loss of e-mail, or loss of any communication due to the wrong address provided by the candidates.
- No TA / DA Shall be paid for attending the interview. However, for outstation, SC / ST / PwBD candidates’ second-class single railway to and for fare on the shortest route Shall be reimbursed after attending the interview. This is not admissible to SC / ST / PwBD candidates who are already employed in the Central / State Government services / Autonomous bodies, etc.
- Hall Tickets / Call letters and other correspondence for attending the Examination / Interview, etc., shall be sent only to the eligible candidates by email only.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor, Central University of Gujarat in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, the conduct of examination/interview Shall be final, and no query or correspondence Shall be entertained in this connection from any individual or his / her agency.
- Candidates, who have obtained degrees or diplomas or certificates for various courses from any Institution declared fake / derecognized by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the posts advertised.
- The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines published in Amended Ordinance No. 13 of the University.
- The character of a person for direct recruitment to the service must be such as to render him/her suitable in all respect for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government or by Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government Shall be deemed to be ineligible for appointment.
- No person shall be recruited unless he/she is in good mental and physically fit and free from any physical defect that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his official duties except PwBD (Divyang Candidates). If selected and appointed, he/she shall be required to produce a medical fitness certificate from the medical board as specified by the university.
- Errors and omissions in the notification and selection process are subject to corrections as per the rules and regulations of the University / UGC / GOI.
- The online application processing fee is non-refundable, and no inquiries Shall be entertained in this regard by the University.
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian nationals for appointment by direct recruitment for the Group-A, Group-B, and Group-C Nonteaching and Other Academic posts. The following are the crucial dates for application:
|Date of Commencement of Online Application
|Last date of Online Application
|11/08/2023 Up to 5:30 p.m.
|Last date of receipt of hardcopy of online application along with all self-attested enclosures (Including postal processing days)
|18/08/2023 Up to 5:30 p.m.