The Reserve Bank of India, more commonly referred to as RBI, is India’s central bank and regulatory organisation in charge of overseeing the country’s financial sector. The Government of India’s Ministry of Finance is the owner. Control, issuance, and supply maintenance of the Indian rupee are its duties.
Name of Post: Pharmacist
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill up Two (02) posts (One reserved for SC candidate and One reserved for OBC candidate) of Part-time Pharmacist on contractual basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for a maximum period of 240 days for various dispensaries of Reserve Bank of India, Chandigarh Regional Office (herein after referred to as ‘the Bank’).
a) Matriculation or its equivalent examination.
b) Applicant should possess minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized University registered under Pharmacy Act 1948.
c) Applicant having bachelor’s degree (B. Pharm) in Pharmacy can also apply for this post.
a) Applicant should be registered with Pharmacy council of Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh or Haryana.
b) Minimum experience of two (02) years as a pharmacist. Experience with PSB’s/PSU’s/Government organization will be given preference.
c) Basic working knowledge of computer.
Remuneration, duty hours and other conditions
i. Pharmacists will be paid a fixed remuneration at the rate of Rs. 400/- per hour with a maximum period of five (05) hours per day, not exceeding maximum of Rs.2000/- per day and will not be entitled to any pay, allowance or any other perks/facilities.
ii. The services rendered by the Pharmacist shall not confer on him/her any right for a temporary or permanent post in the Bank’s service.
iii. The Pharmacist shall not be a regular employee of the Bank and shall not be entitled to any facilities admissible to regular employees of the Bank.
iv. The offer of engagement will be for a maximum period of 240 days at a stretch and purely on contractual basis.
v. The Bank reserves the right to allocate any dispensary, at its discretion, located within the jurisdiction of Chandigarh. The Pharmacists may be attached to any one or more of the Bank’s dispensary, as per the requirement of the Bank. The decision in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
vi. The Bank shall have the right to stop utilizing the services of the Pharmacist at any time without any notice or reason thereof.
vii. The Pharmacists should comply with and obey all orders and directions, which may from time to time be issued by an employee of the Bank under whose jurisdiction, superintendence and control, they are placed.
viii. The Pharmacist should maintain strict secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and serve the Bank honestly and loyally with high integrity.
Remuneration: Rs. 400/- per hour for the entire period of contract.
Location & Working Hours
- Reserve Bank of India, Central Vista, Sector 17, Chandigarh- 160017 ; Monday to Friday ; 12:30 hrs. to 17:30 hrs.
- Reserve Bank of India Officers Colony, Sector 44-B, Chandigarh- 160047 ; Monday to Saturday ; 08:15 hrs. to 10:15 hrs.
Reserve Bank of India Colony, Sector 30-A, Chandigarh-160030 ; Monday to Friday ; 13:30 hrs. to 18:30 hrs.
Reserve Bank of India Colony, Sector 30-A, Chandigarh-160030 ; Saturday ;10:45 hrs. to 14:30 hrs
Tentative Working Hours Subject to change as per requirement.
Modalities for selection
- The Bank will be conducting an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for Interview. Please note that no TA/HA & any other allowances will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of overall education qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), distance of residence from various Bank’s dispensaries, experience with PSBs/PSU’s/Government organization etc.
- Candidates shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination and document verification process before engagement as pharmacist on contractual basis. The cost of these medical examination will have to be borne by the applicant/s themselves.
- Selected candidate will be engaged as pharmacist on his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct (Annex II). The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- The selected candidate has to sign an agreement with the Bank before engagement as Pharmacist (on Contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Code of Conduct
i. Every Pharmacist shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to them by any person under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
ii. Every Pharmacist shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
iii. Every Pharmacist shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavors to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
iv. No Pharmacist shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as a Member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
v. No Pharmacist shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any Trade Union or a Federation of such Trade Union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
vi. No Pharmacist may contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Pharmacist engaged by the Bank.
vii. A Pharmacist shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
viii. A Pharmacist shall not absent from his/her duties without the permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
ix. A Pharmacist shall not outsource his/her service to the Bank.
x. A Pharmacist shall –
- strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which, he/she may, for the time being, happen to be;
- not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall take care that performance of his/her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
- refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug;
- not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication;
- not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
xi. No Pharmacist shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any man/woman employee at workplace.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behavior, whether directly or by implication as:-
- Physical contact and advances,
- Demand or request for sexual favours,
- Sexually coloured remarks,
- Showing pornography,
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
xii. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Pharmacist is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
xiii. Pharmacist shall neither give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. A Pharmacist shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
xiv. The provision at (xiii) above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by a pharmacist or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work.
xv. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Pharmacist commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
Candidates seeking reservation as Schedule Caste (SC) / Other Backward Class (OBC) must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation and should also submit all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim while forwarding the application.
Interested and eligible candidates may make an application as per the format given in Annex-I only. Application in a sealed cover along with photocopies of certificates of Professional/Academic/Other qualifications, caste certificate, experience certificate etc. should reach the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department, Central Vista, Sector 17, Chandigarh – 160017 on or before June 13, 2023.
Connect with Us