ICMR-National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (ICMR-NIRT), Chennai is a permanent Institute of Indian Council of Medical Research, Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. Online applications are invited for the following posts under Technical Cadre on Regular basis at ICMR-NIRT, Chennai.
|Name of Post
|Classification of Post
|Group-B Technical (Non-Ministerial)
|No. of Vacancies & Reservation Category
|1st class Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university
|Not exceeding 30 years
|Pay Matrix Level: Pay Level 6 of 7th CPC (Rs.35400–112400)
1. Selection for the posts of Technical Assistant and Laboratory Attendant-1 will be through computer-based test only.
2. The computer-based test will be of MCQ type with a total of 100 questions as given below:
|No. of Questions
|a. General English
|b. General Knowledge/Current Affairs
|c. Aptitude / Logical Reasoning
|d. Subject Matter
a. Questions from the subject matter will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification.
b. Total duration of the computer based test will be 90 minutes and total marks will be 100. Correct answers will be given a positive mark of 1 and wrong answers will be given a negative mark of 0.25.
c. Candidates will be selected based on their merit in the computer-based test as per DoPT guidelines and subject to fulfilling all other eligibility criteria.
CITIES /CENTRES FOR COMPUTER BASED TEST: Chennai & Puducherry
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Category once filled in the application form cannot be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
2. The candidates belonging to SC/ST should submit the caste certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-I).
3. OBC certificate for the purpose of age relaxation will mean “PERSONS OF OBC CATEGORY NOT BELONGING TO CREAMY LAYER” as defined in DoPT’s OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt (SCT) dated 08.09.1993, modified vide OM No. 36033/3/2004-Estt (res) dated 09.03.2004 and 14.10.2008 and subsequently revised vide OM NO. 36035/1/2013-Estt. (Res.) dated 27.05.2013. The closing date for receipt of application will be treated as the date of reckoning for OBC status of the candidate and also for assuming that the candidate does not fall in the Creamy Layer on the reckoning date. OBC candidates must, therefore, furnish valid and updated OBC certificate in the prescribed format given in Annexure-II which should specifically include the clause regarding “Exclusion from the Creamy Layer”. In order to get age relaxation, they have to furnish a declaration in the prescribed format given in Annexure – III.
4. The OBC certificate shall not be more than one year old from the last date of receipt of applications
5. The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” have to indicate their category as General.
6. The candidates belonging to the EWS category should submit the Income and Asset Certificate in the prescribed format, as applicable (Annexure-IV). All the terms and conditions in respect of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in civil posts and services in the Government of India shall be regulated in terms of DoPT OM No.36039/1/2019-Estt(Res.) dt.19.01.2019 and OM of even number dated 31.01.2019 as amended from time to time. The Income and Asset Certificate should be valid for the year 2023-24.
7. The candidates belonging to the PwBD category should submit the Disability Certificate in the prescribed format, as applicable to them (Annexure-V).
8. The candidates belonging to Ex-servicemen category should submit a Certificate from competent authority, as applicable to them.
9. The candidates working in the Central/State Government Departments/Public Sector Undertaking etc. should submit “No Objection Certificate and Vigilance Clearance Certificate” failing which the application will be summarily rejected. (Annexure-VI).
10. The Central Government Servants / Departmental Candidates and candidates working in the ICMR Funded Projects should submit “No Objection Certificate” in the prescribed format (Annexure-VII).
11. All the posts carry all India transfer liability. The selected candidates may be posted at any of the Institutes/Centres/Field Units under the control of ICMR/ICMR-NIRT. No TA/DA shall be considered in this case.
12. Benefit of new structured defined contributory pension system is admissible for new entrants as per provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affair (ECB & PR Division), Notification No. 5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22.12.2003 effective from 01.01.2004.
13. Any canvasing by or on behalf of the candidate or bringing political or other outside influence with regard to the selection/recruitment shall be treated as disqualification.
14. The Experience Certificate (Work Experience) should be issued by the competent authority of the government recognised/approved/registered laboratory/institution etc. and must be clear with Name, Designation, Salary/Pay Scale drawn, period of work experience (From – to), nature of duties performed etc. by the candidate.
15. Educational qualifications should be from a recognised board/organization/institute of repute and experience should be in a government recognised/ approved/ registered laboratory/ institution.
16. Only post qualification experience shall be taken into consideration
17. No person (a) who is entered into or contracted marriage with a person having a spouse living or (b) who having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment to the service provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
18. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the computer-based test and the candidates will have to make their own arrangements.
19. The candidates applying in response to this advertisement, in their own interest, are advised that they should satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the post applied for. They must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria viz. age limit, essential qualification, experience, reservation etc. as on the last date of receipt of application. In case, at any stage of recruitment or even after appointment, it has come to the notice that any of candidates does not fulfil the required qualifications in respect of the above mentioned eligibility criteria or has furnished any wrong or false or misleading information in the application form or has suppressed any material fact(s) or is not eligible otherwise, his/her candidature will automatically stand cancelled without assigning any reason or notice thereof irrespective of his/her marks obtained in the test and no enquiry/request/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
20. It is the responsibility of the candidates to visit ICMR/NIRT websites for any updates in the recruitment process.
Starting date to Apply Online: 26th September 2023
Closing date to Apply Online: 15th October 2023