As of my last update in September 2021, there isn’t a specific nationwide scholarship program exclusively called “P.G. Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing M.Tech/ M.E./ M.Pharm by UGC” in India. However, the University Grants Commission (UGC) in India does offer various scholarships and fellowships to support higher education and research. Generally speaking, scholarships for postgraduate students in India are often awarded based on merit, financial need, or a combination of both. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) are national-level entrance exams for admission to M.Tech, M.E., and M.Pharm programs, respectively. Many universities and institutions in India offer scholarships and financial assistance to students who have qualified these exams.
Typically, these scholarships cover some or all of the following:
1. Tuition Fees: Scholarships often cover a significant portion or the entire tuition fees for the duration of the course.
2. Stipend: Some scholarships provide a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
3. Books and Materials: Financial support for purchasing books, research materials, and other resources related to the course.
4. Research Support: For students pursuing research-based postgraduate programs, there might be additional funding available for research projects and fieldwork.
5. Contingency Grant: A one-time grant to cover miscellaneous expenses related to the academic program.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates usually need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and submit applications through the respective institutions or online portals. Additionally, there are various government schemes and programs at the state and central levels that provide financial aid to students based on their merit and financial need.
Name of the Scheme
P.G. Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing M. Tech/ M.E./ M. Pharm
Objective of Scheme
To provide financial assistance to GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Pharma full time/regular basis Universities/Institutes/Colleges in India
PG scholarship is provided to GATE/GPAT Qualified students who have taken admission in M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm courses and integrated dual degree programme.
As per claims received.
Scholarship: Rs. 12,400/- pm
How to Apply
1. The Scholar may visit the link https://scholarship.canarabank.in/scholar/Login.aspx
2. Click Registration Button, enter your details correctly.
a. Scheme: e.g.: RGNF SC/ST, NET JRF etc
b. Student ID: The Student ID as registered with the University under the UGC Portal. There is an option to Find Student ID also. Those who don’t know exact Student ID, may use the FIND STUDENT ID option to find the correct ID.
c. DOB: DD/MM/YYYY
d. Email: The mail ID that has been registered with University in the UGC Portal.
3. After entering the data, click Register Button and save the data. The message will come as REGISTRATION SUCCESSFUL.
4. The password will be sent to the registered mail id. Check the registered Email ID for the password.
5. GOTO page https://scholarship.canarabank.in/scholar/Login.aspx, enter the email address and the password that has been received in the mail and LOGIN.
6. The password Change option will appear.
7. Enter the new password. Criteria for new password are as under.
a. Should have minimum 8 characters
b. Should have minimum 1 Upper case Character
c. Should have minimum 1 Lower case Character
d. Should have minimum 1 Number
For e.g.: Rahulaj1
8. After setting the new password, LOGIN again with the email ID and New Password to view the scholars profile.
9. After login with your id and password. You have to enter the following details:
a. Your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Permanent & Correspondence Address, Mobile Number.
b. Academic Details and their self-attested soft copies.
c. Caste Certificate (if Any) self-attested soft copy.
d. GPAT/ GATE self-attested soft copy.
e. Your passport size photo and signature, thumb (If required).
f. Your Personal Bank Account Details for receiving scholarship.